Thursday, February 28, 2008

Getting into a jam

Well, yesterday afternoon I drove past a traffic jam--with me going in the opposite direction to said jam--that was at least 20 km long. I know this, because I drove at 100 kph and the jam, that part which was crawling along, if at all, was there for between 10 and 15 minutes of my trip.

20 km! In Dunedin we complained bitterly about the traffic conditions in a 20-car queue...

And I'm not even counting the slow-moving parts at the tail end, where the poor unsuspecting blighters were catching up on the very, very, long snake!

There's a lesson here. Not sure yet what it is, but there's got to be...

2 comments:

Alex said...

That's so tranparent I'm forced to laugh in derision.

You subconciously want to move back to Dunedin. Stop fighting it, you're too stubborn ...

Till said...

Nobody forced you to do nothing; not even to 'laugh in derision' whatever that means.

And, actually, consciously as well as subconsciously--though you obviously think you know my subconscious better than I do and so who am I to say anything about my desires, overt or hidden--I have not (yet?) felt any pangs of missing 'Dunedin' per se, though I must admit I do miss a very few select people there, and I wish they were here and not there.

Alas, alack, the Vorpal Blade goes snickersnack...

(Yeah, you work that one out. ;>)