Monday, December 08, 2008

Woody Allen: Absurdist

Last week, the presenter of the Australian ABC's 7.30 Report, Kerry O]Brien', showed us an interview he conducted earlier in the day with Woody Allen. I highly recommend that you treat yourself to the 13 minutes of the talk. It kind of fits in with my last two posts on 'Fire Inside'.

I'm not a huge fan of Woody Allen's movies, though sometimes I have a nagging notion that my own little attempt at 'romantic comedy', Dating Blind, had definite Allenesque aspects to it. However, no matter how Woody Allen expresses himself in his chosen medium, ever since I found out that he made the pithy and immensely sound Absurdist/Emortalist quip: "I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens." I've known that there's a kindred spirit here. It's also a spirit who definitely still has Fire Inside, despite his deceptively non-fiery demanor.

Anyway, the interview is a treasure of things worthwhile thinking about. Spend the time and enjoy it.

And here's a page with Woody Allen quotes, that should keep one in quotables for a little while.

No comments: